Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sometimes, you just HAVE to say SOMETHING!

WARNING: The content below contains information that many of you may not understand and, for some, may not want to know. If you are one of those people, I will totally understand if you decide to not read this post. This is just me letting off steam. Thanks for your cooperation :) Hey there boys and girls. Surprisingly enough, I managed to put up another post shortly after my last one (granted, my definition of "shortly" is roughly a few days apart, but who's counting? :) ). Anyway, I've been a bit invloved these past few weeks with the world of Blogs. As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, my friend Mike mounted up a blogboard displaying pretty much all of the blogs from the Azores. From there, we get to see all the recent info put up without havig to navigate to all of those blogs. Quite a nifty idea. Well, Mike went many sleepless nights trying to perfect it. He got it into Portuguese (not Brazilian Portuguese, which was the only apparent translation), created the logo for the blogboard, then spent DAYS looking for all the blogs on these 9 islands. In total, he managed to install and configure the blogboard to how he wanted it and put in over 120 blogs. He was showered with compliments and rightfully so. Poor schlep damm near went nuts trying to perfect it. Yup, he got compliments for just about everyone.....................except one. See, one of the bloggers couldn't help but poke and prod at the blogboad. See, this blogger (who will remain unnamed for the time being) was at the blogger gathering me and Mike went to. He went on about how he created his own blog and how he was making the groups' website and posters. But he kept trying to insist that he made his own blog. Well, this brain surgeon decided to drop a comment on Mike's blog saying that the blogboard was a template made by "a colleague of his". Basically, he tried to cheapen the blogboard with that rather unnecessary comment. Mike admitted that it was a template, but not the one this low-life mentioned, and that he did spend nights making constant modifications to it (a fact I can easily back up). I even followed up with a comment of my own (writtin in some obviously broken Portuguese since it is my 2nd language, not my 1st) saying that if this guy wants to criticise, that he should make his own blogboard. Well, at that point, a salvo was fired, and I moved on. Besides, I have my job to worry about anywho and this guy wasn't worth ink on my blog anyway. But then things got interesting. It turns out that we were revealed to a post on this guy's blog where he said he won a Golden Web Award for his blog for being original. Ok, no prob. But then me and a couple of others decided to take a better look at his blog. As it turned out, the blog was NOT his creation, but rather a TEMPLATE called b2evolution which can be downloaded free of charge. And, to top things off, the guy made a massive slip-up with "his" blog. See, he left the default installation file on the site, allowing anybody to access it and see that the site was not "all his". So now, not only was this guy envious, but also a boldfaced liar. But oh, things got even more interesting. For we would uncover something about his past that would surprise even us. This information came through a forum we visited a couple days ago. See, this wonder boy spent some time Mainland Portugal and, for most of the time he was there, tried to pass himself off as a Scottish band promoter for any local metal band interested in hearing his cock-and-bull stories. What he basically did was try and get the guys to buy into his tripe about him being in an "elite Scottish clan" and talk of promises for the band because "he knew important people" back in Scotland. Of course, he wasn't Scottish not a band promoter, just some SOB wanting others to adore him by making empty promises. Some of these bands were able to exact some form of retribution by beating this nimrod within an inch of his life, but all he did was move on to the next unsuspecting schmo. No brain, no pain I guess. Funny thing is that this guy was once a client of the company I work for. He had a couple of pages hosted on our server which were then pulled due to the fact that he didn't pay for months. My boss, fed up with the fact that the guy was stiffing us, decided to just shut the sites down without further notice. He didn't pay us for months, why would we need to advise him that we were "evicting" him? Next time, pay your bills chump! The one thing that has irked me about this guy is that he's trying to pass himself off as a programmer. I've been a programmer for 6 years now, and have toiled and made sacrifices throughout these 6 years to attain the status I proudly claim as Lead Programmer and Project Manager of Via Oceânica. I've helped, with my expertise in PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, MySQL, and SQL Server 2000, create and publish the better part of about 50 different websites, from Government agencies to local restaurants. I take GREAT personal pride in my accomplishments and take this career VERY seriously considering the time and money I have spent so far. So when I see a two-bit con artist like this guy pass himself off as a programmer, I take it to heart. This guy couldn't code his way out of a paper bag. Well, now it seems that his next set of victims is the bloggers' association of this island, which is why I'm posting this. This group of people are very honest and forthcoming and were highly friendly. Well, this parasite found it to be an ideal situation to promise them a site and posters. Of course, those who know his past know that said site and posters simply won't happen. I'd advise you to drop a few comments on his blog, but see, it seems he shut off the comments section of his blog after a group of people decided to expose him. He then followed up with another post, basically trying to disacknowledge anything that happened earlier. My advice, if you see him, don't buy into his bull, and don't fall prey to his promises. In fact, just pity the poor bastard and move on with your life. He suffers from a massive need for attention and tries to get it by being something he's not.

1 comment:

Mike Maciel said...

Great post, eddie as usual, they are long and full of info, and this one hits me very closely at heart, there is no shame in saying i'm ofended and disgussed by this person, not mind you because of what he did to me, icould not care less, but for the stories (that i know are true, from many sources), at first I could not believe a humam being could be like that, simply because I had never seen anything like this except in movies and books, but the more I dig, the more I find; and such an individual sickens me with his actions. I'm still in awe at what this guy is capable, he is relenteless in trying to appear "clean", when clearly he is not. The lengths of what he will do are inimaginable... I'm actually amazed at him, he is without any question the biggest liar I have ever had the misfortune of meeting, and trust me I have met a couple of them... My simpathy goes out to all the ppl that have wrongly been "touched" by this angel...