Thursday, February 22, 2007

Blast From The Past #1

Yesterday, I came across this pretty cool website called RetroJunk.com. I spent hours on it because it's basically an archive of tons of tv show intros and commercials from back in the day.

In the spirit of such, I decided to start an insert called "Blast From The Past", where I'll yank one of the intros or commercials from this site and air it here, along with a small description of course.

And, to kick things off, we go back to the mid 80's, when the popular fast food franchise, Wendy's, in the spirit of the Cold War, came out with this commericial that's been stuck on my mind ever since. Reason being is that during the live TV shows here in Portugal, the live audience normally looks like they're in a funeral. Nothing but blank faces. Almost immediately me, or even my folks when they watch it, go "Eez Next.......Eeevneengvear!".

Enjoy :)

NOTE: Due to the flash not working effectively, I got another from YouTube.

No comments: